Saturday, June 17 @ 10:30 AM - 3 PM
- In this 4.5 hour workshop, you will be guided through the art of foraging your own clay on a local beach. Beginning with a short hike in local nature preserves, you will be brought down to the beach with your instructor. You will be taken to a specific part of the beach with wild clay to forage. And spend the rest of the day enjoying sunshine and water at the beach sculpting your creations.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to identify and process wild clay
- Learn sculpting basics including pinch pots, sculpture, using found tools.
- Create a small mask, candle holder, or catch-all-dish.
- End with a closing circle where we all share what we learned.
WHAT TO BRING
- You are welcome to bring a small offering of food, flower, breath, fire, song, or anything else. There will be an opportunity to offer your gift at a community altar we will carve out at the foraging location.
- This activity requires moderate to advanced mobility and may not be accessible for all people. The hike down to the beach consists of sand and rock. Kid friendly.
ABOUT OUR VALUES
- At Artillery, whether we are in the studio or out in the world, we center our practices in three simple, but powerful core values: Nature, Culture, and Family.
We connect to and honor our Indigenous Cultures.
We activate our connection with the Earth and preserve nature.
We grow and empower our BIPOC Community through the arts
top of page
bottom of page